I have often been asked what I use on my skin…
Not because im all knowing 🙂 – trust me, Im not…
But because I for years now have battled with eczema.
I have it on my arms, back and legs.
It has been something Ive struggled with since a young child.
Its how I was born.
There is no cure for it.
but … there are ways I manage it and it has led me to the lifestyle I live, regarding my beauty and bath products.
So I thought Id compile a list for those curious… and it might be helpful for some struggling as well.
– I use all natural soaps from a few shops (I like to switch around, just to try new ones out)
One being www.goatmilkstuff.com – I use their Organic Castile Soap
Why goat milk soap?
“When making soap, you need a liquid. Some soapmakers use water, some use fruit or vegetable juices. We choose to use goat milk. The cream and the proteins that are present in the goat milk add a moisturizing effect to soap that is above and beyond what water can achieve.” – taken from the goatmilkstuff website.
I especially love that when I buy it, I can read whats in it and know what each ingredient is…
Heres the ingredient listing of the Organic Castile Soap Bars:
Raw goat milk; Saponified organic extra virgin olive oil.
2) Face Wash
I use two methods to wash my face..
At night I use – Dessert Essence Thoroughly Clean Face Wash
Its 100% natural and 100% vegan.
– I buy mine from Trader Joes and LOVE IT. It last forever too.
In the morning I use – Sweet Almond Oil
Yes, I wash my face with Oil 🙂
– Sound strange? – read up on WHY HERE
I found that if I washed my face twice a day with a face wash, even the Thoroughly Clean one… that my skin was super dry.
Using an oil method of cleansing helped A LOT.
I make my own.
Its an Oatmeal / Baking soda mix.
I will take about 3 tablespoons of natural oatmeal
and 2 tablespoons baking soda.
Put that into my magic bullet 🙂 and grind it til its super fine.
Every few days when my skin feels like it needs exfoliating, I get a handful of it, rub it softly over my skin in a circular motion, then wash it off with warm water.
4) Face Lotion
I use a few kinds…
– For under my eyes, and where future crows feet will be (dont have any yet) and also around my mouth I use – Pure Squalane Oil
– I use goat milk lotion for ALL OVER my face.
– Some days I will however use Cetaphils Face lotion (can be bought any where)… I dont like to because its not all natural, but it seems to help my skin get through a day without any issues. Im slowly weening myself from it though and plan to just use the goat milk lotion and squalane oil 100%.
5) Make Up
– Pure Anada Mineral Make up and Shadows.
Ive used her make up for YEARS now and love it.
Its as pure as it can get!
– If you email the owner, she can help you pick out the shade that is best for you.
I use MOUNTAIN SUNSET.
Some of my fav. shadows I use from her are:
– Toasted Almond
– Java (I use this with a fine brush as my liner)
– Close to Cocoa – for shadowing
– Opal (good highlight) – but also love Stardust
– I am back and forth with shampoo.
Sometimes I use a BAR shampoo that is vegan.. but it can leave my hair a bit heavy at times.
If I use my bar shampoo I can only use it every other day… which is fine, because most days I dont have a chance to shower :-\
I recently purchased a shampoo from Trader Joes called Nourish and I really like it! So far it works great.
8) Shaving Gel
– I dont use any. Good ol’ goat milk soap lather works fine 🙂
9) All over Lotion
– The Goat Milk Lotion listed above… or sometimes I buy a nice “semi” natural unscented lotion from the store.
My skin is super dry and I have tried going without lotions, and cant.
I tried using coconut oil for a while and it just did not do the trick.
My skin has to have it… but I have noticed since switching to goat milk bar soaps… that I do not need as much lotion now.
So I do believe it has helped me.
11) Tooth Paste
– I use tooth chips now! and love them.
Some may ask, why not just tooth paste?
My teeth are super sensitive… and Ive always had issues with this…
I heard tooth chips can help so I decided to try them…
and have seen a huge improvement since being on it!
Heres a little bit more info on tooth chips off the website mine came from:
# We use Organic Oils
# It is FREE of Sodium Laurel Sulfate (SLS)
# It is FREE of Fluoride
# It is FREE of Tricosan
# It is FREE of Sand and Silica which brushes away gum tissue and enamel
# It really CLEANS your teeth and doesn’t leave a glycerin film to coat your teeth
# It CLEANS so well that after brushing your saliva naturally begins the re-mineralizing process
# It’s SAFE for your entire family
# It’s MADE in the USA
You can read more about tooth chips HERE.
and to those who may ask “do they taste like soap?” – I had the same question.
Yes… they do 😉
But, its a tolerable taste and you get use to it.
Your teeth will feel SUPER clean.
I guess that wraps up most of the products I use.
I dont use any hair products in my hair either.
Some people use hair spray, moose, etc… I dont.
I have pretty easy to manage hair however… and am thankful for it 🙂
A hair dryer and flat iron are my hairs friend 😉
and I do recommend the T3 Micro flatiron, its awesome.. and works so well. Ive had it for years and have yet to have a problem with it. With my hair longer now I use the flat iron just on the under layer of my hair to straight the edges out, otherwise it curls outwards. I also sometimes will curl the tips around my face out… but only on special occasions.
If you have any questions you can ask 🙂
And if you have any products you adore, feel free to comment and share those too!
*note: to those curious why I have a nikon in my hand… It was a friends I was playing with. Im still canon tho :)*