I am not a fan of almonds…
Really dislike the taste 🙂
I think the only nut I really care for is a cashew or peanut… but even those im not crazy about.
I have found something about almond though that I love.
My friend Stacey (who is full of such great natural info) sent me a video on youtube that taught some really neat natural tricks for facial cleansing.
I’ll share more later as I experiment on my own 🙂
I want to try them out for a few more days before sharing.
With this one though I was so tickled by how well it worked, that I had to share right away.
- What you do is 1st find you some RAW almonds.. not cooked.
I got mine from a organic natural store… but you can buy them anywhere im sure.
- Then buy yourself (if you don’t already own) a cheap coffee grounder.
You can find them for as little as $15.00
- Stick in the raw almonds and grind the heck out of them. You want them to be fine as powder.
- Put them in a plastic zip lock or air tight jar… and you are good to go.
I got a cute little 2 dollar jar from the store that fits perfectly in my bathroom (made about 1 cup worth).
- After you finish washing your face take a small amount (like a half tsp.) into your palm.. put a bit of warm water… then rub it all over your face.
It feels so good. Not overly rough.. just perfect. You can do this every night before bed… or every other day.
- When finished moisturize as usual.
Almonds have great oils in them that are fantastic for the skin… you will be amazed at how soft things feel after you do this.